A Child and His Faith

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Don't run away...

     Don't run away - run toward the Father is a thought that keeps coming to mind lately.  There are lots of days as a mom that I'm tired.  Not tired of my children, just tired.  Life moves fast and demands so much of us.  Some of it is my choice and some is put upon me by society, work or just day to day living.
     How I decide to handle it is my choice.  The trick is to take a breath (that may include hiding in the bathroom for a quick time out) then a little one on one with Christ so I can get on with whatever it might be. Although I have found it is wise to realize that it doesn't always turn out like it is in my head.
     I remember a scripture I found during a not so beautiful season of my life.  I was hardly sleeping and heavily burdened with grief and so many responsibilities.  I remember sitting in the living room with only a lamp on while reading my bible.  There it was Matthew 11:28 " Come to me, all you who are weary and .burdened and I will give you rest."  Why hadn't I seen this sooner?  Why hadn't I gone to the One who could comfort me?
     Right then I asked Him for a nights rest.  With tears streaming down my face I took this tired woman to bed.  I remember in the night the feeling of fingertips on my leg.  I opened my eyes to a dark room and found nothing, yet there was no fear, only peace.  When I looked next to me to see which one of the kids hard climbed over, I found there was no one.  I quickly realized that I was not alone, not in that room and not on the journey.
      I believe that it was the hand of Christ who touched my leg that night.  Who else would it have been?  Who else could wake me with only the touch of five fingertips on my leg?  Who else would leave me with peace not fear?
     As my soldier deploys I will run to the Father without ceasing.  Not because He will give me what I ask for but because he has taught me to run toward Him.  He cares for me and keeps His arms open wide.  He catches me and stands me upright to continue the journey until it leads me home. 
     I am so grateful for the touch,whether it be fingertips on my leg or peace in my heart.  I pray that all of you will join me in the sprint to the finish.
                                                        Soldiers Mom

2 comments:

  1. A friend said she could not post so I worked on it and will see if this works???

    crossing my fingers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful thoughts - putting them on paper (well a screen) adds so much to their meaning. Isn't it great we can turn to Him for all our problems.

    ReplyDelete