A Child and His Faith

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Heavy Heart

     The grand kids were here recently and played with their uncles army men.  Before they went home they cleaned up as usual.  Today when I was dusting the house I found army men all over in hidden places.  It warmed my heart to remember how my little army guy use to do the same thing.
     He isn't so little any more and is deployed keeping us out of harms way.  I was a lucky mother and got to hear his voice on Friday and connect with him on facebook today.  I am a lucky mother indeed.
     I often think of Grandma Lynch who had three sons off to war and did not get to hear their voices.  I know that she took comfort in prayer while they fought for their country.  I learned from her many things and this is a great comfort for me.
     This deployment has been heavy with loss for the Oklahoma Guard.  Sept. 9th. my son lost a friend and soldier when Sgt. Isenhower was killed.  They served together in Iraq and prepared for this deployment. 
     It was hard to hear the grief and sadness in my child's words.  How do you comfort someone who has lost a friend in such a way as this.  It will change him forever.
     I am grateful that he has Christ and I encourage him often to share that with his fellow soldiers.  He is strong in many ways but it is his relationship with Christ that is his future.
     Pray for the family and friends of the fallen.  Pray for Gods hand of protection for those still serving in harms way.  Pray for revival for our nation and peace throughout the world.

                                                                                   Citizen Soldiers Mom

2 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes! I love you! You have raised a truly amazing boy and I am forever grateful that I get to spend the rest of my life with him and your family! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your love for this child is so evident. You reared him to be loving, kind and have Christ in his life. You should be proud of this accomplishment. May God grant you the peace you need as you face each day while he is serving his country. I am thankful for him and his fellow men and women who serve so that I may lay my head down each night and know that I am safe from harm.

    ReplyDelete