A Child and His Faith

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Preparing to leave

     It seems that in life we are always preparing for something.  Today it was preparing to send my son to war.  We have been here once before but today seemed different.  I was feeling so overwhelmed with love that I had trouble focusing on the speakers and the feeling of patriotism in the air.
     When the songs played I could not take my eyes off my baby.  He seemed so much more a man than when he left in 2008.  I suppose that is the reality of where we are.  He is a man prepared to focus on the mission at hand.  To do what his country asks of him.
     I want to protect him, to cradle him in my arms and feel his head buried in the crook of my neck.  Instead I found a man who moved beside me at the resturant to hold me while I cried.  I found a man who held me as we parted at the house. I found a son who never forgets to tell his mom how much he loves her.
     I can go to sleep tonight knowing that I have done my job well. I raised a man who is full of love and knows to show it. I also have served my country by teaching him where he comes from and how blessed he is to live here.
     All is truly well with my soul.
                                                         Citizen Soldiers Mom

1 comment:

  1. My heart is full of emotion in just reading this. May God grant you the peace you need during this separation.

    ReplyDelete