A Child and His Faith

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Winds of Change

     I was standing at the kitchen window watching the leaves as they swirled around and around in the wind.  At first I thought about cutting down the huge oak in the backyard.  I am forever bagging leaves off the front porch.  The season doesn't seem to matter to that tree.
     Then after a cup (or two) of coffee I calmed down and remembered how the kids and now the grand-kids love to climb that tree.
     Instead of getting the saw I thought  about how my children are a lot like that oak.  They started out as a little saplings and now they are strong and able to withstand the winds that sometimes strip them of their leaves.  They may not always do things the way I would, but they are strong and capable.
     They protect me from the hot sun of this world with their love.  I think I will keep the tree and just enjoy watching the leaves as they tumble about.

1 comment:

  1. The children are strong because of the root system they have...root system you gave them in their early years...by providing the love, caring, and guidance. This is the same as giving water and other nutrients to a growing tree.

    ReplyDelete